Reach Scouting Leader and Families in Maryland, Virginia, DC, and beyond!
WeOwnAdventure is the official online newsroom for National Capital Area Council, BSA, the largest BSA Council in the country!
New stories are published daily and read by more than 21,000 registered adult volunteer Scouting leaders in and around the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, including those providing direct program support to Scouts and their families, as well as the corporate executives serving on the Council Executive Board.
Our readers are directly responsible for delivering the Scouting program to 58,000 youth members whom they serve annually. Youth members are five through twenty years of age and live inthe District of Columbia and seventeen surrounding counties, including Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Frederick County, Southern Maryland, most of Northern Virginia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Median Reader’s Age: 48.7 years old
- Occupation: Professional/Managerial – 51%
- Married Readers: 90%
- Average Household Size: 3.5 members
- Home Ownership: 92%
- College Graduates or Higher: 64.4%
- Median Household Income: $87,300
The Total Package
Marketing with National Capital Area Council, BSA begins with an ad in NCAC’s online newsletter, WeOwnAdventure.com, our e-newsletter, Capital Comments, or sponsored social media posts. This can range from a display ad on the website to a logo and link on every edition of our semi-monthly email newsletterfor a full year.
As an advertiser your organization receives a variety of other marketing opportunities at no extra charge.
- Flyer Distribution: NCAC maintains two kiosks at the Marriott Scout Service Center, located near the information desk and Scout Shop, where current advertisers can have their flyers displayed. Advertisers also have the opportunity to send flyers for distribution at monthly roundtable meetings and annual events. Other opportunities for distribution may be available. Current advertisers are those with an ad, or sponsored post within the past three months.
- Event Invitations: Advertisers are invited to set up a display at the University of Scouting and other major events each year. University of Scouting typically attracts more than 1,000 adult leaders from across the Council, all looking for new program opportunities and resources for their Scouts.
- Direct Mail: Advertisers contracted for $1,000 or more in advertising for the calendar year can request a single use of one of our mailing lists. The mail lists can be customized based on your needs. A database is sent directly to the mail house of the advertiser’s choice with the commitment that the file is to be destroyed upon completion of the mailing. Because of our youth protection policies, at no time is the advertiser permitted to have access to the database.
For more information contact: