Sponsor One of NCAC’s Media Outreach Campaigns in Maryland, Virginia, DC, and beyond!
The National Capital Area Council, BSA accepts contributions toward our communications efforts. Help us to reach current Scouts to enhance their experience and prospective Scouts to offer them the many benefits of Scouting so that our youth can “Be Prepared. For Life.”
Sponsorship contribution opportunities can include:
- Sponsorship graphic in NCAC’s monthly online newsletter to leaders,
- Sponsorship graphic in NCAC’s monthly online newsletter to Scout families,
- Sponsorship graphic or sponsored post on NCAC’s news blog, WeOwnAdventure.com,
- Table displays: Sponsors are invited to set up a display at the University of Scouting and other events each year. University of Scouting typically attracts more than 1,000 adult leaders from across the Council, all looking for new program opportunities and resources for their Scouts.
More about WeOwnAdventure, our official online newsroom for National Capital Area Council, BSA, the largest BSA Council in the country!
New stories are published daily and read by more than 21,000 registered adult volunteer Scouting leaders in and around the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, including those providing direct program support to Scouts and their families, as well as the corporate executives serving on the Council Executive Board.
Our readers are directly responsible for delivering the Scouting program to 35,000 youth members. Youth members are five through twenty years of age and live inthe District of Columbia and sixteen surrounding counties, including Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Frederick County, Southern Maryland, most of Northern Virginia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Median Reader’s Age: 48.7 years old
- Occupation: Professional/Managerial – 51%
- Married Readers: 90%
- Average Household Size: 3.5 members
- Home Ownership: 92%
- College Graduates or Higher: 64.4%
- Median Household Income: $87,300
For more information on sponsorship levels contact:
Cynthia Griffiths, NCC Chief Communications Officer, Email