Craig Dubishar is a proud father of three Girl Scout Gold Award recipients and one BSA Eagle Scout. He started in Scouting in 1968 and backpacked Philmont in 1973,1974, 1978, and1983. He has also canoed the wilderness of Ontario’s Wabakimi Provincial Park.
Craig has been a NCAC registered Scouter since 1998 and spent 22 years with the NCAC’s High Adventure Committee. As an adult Advisor, he completed Philmont treks in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2021 and returning in 2022. He also trekked the Adirondacks (2012), North Country Trail (2018), Monongahela National Forest (2021), and dozens of shakedowns on the Appalachian Trail.
In 2010, he was received Powhatan District’s District Award of Merit. Outside of Scouting, he served 22 years on the Board of Directors for the regional non-profit Volunteer Fairfax and has served as Secretary, Vice President and President.
Some of his other professional accomplishments include:
- Board of Trustees, Member, Washington National Cathedral Association, 2003 – 2011
- Episcopal Diocese of Virginia’s Creation Care Task Force, Member since 1994. Chair from 2011 – 2014.
- Official photographer, St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church (1995 – 2021). Formed the “Photography Ministry.”
- Haiti Mission Team since 2011. Leads the annual mission trip in support of a school only accessible by boat and a hike up the mountain.
- Official photographer, WWII 8th Army Air Force Historical Society since 2011 traveling the United States and twice to the UK in support of WWII research projects
- Parent Photographer for the Herndon High School Marching Band since 2006 and was one of two official photographers for their 2019 trip to Normandie, France to participate in various ceremonies for the 75th anniversary of D-Day
Congratulations to Craig and the 2022 Silver Beaver Class!