NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed for youth to learn and practice the leadership skills that will help them succeed in Scouting and in life!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Scouts who have completed their unit’s introduction to leadership course, have been practicing these skills, and are ready for the next level of training should attend NYLT once they meet all Eligibility Requirements.
NYLT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Scouts must:
- Complete their home Unit’s Introduction to Leadership Skills course*
- Receive approval from your Scoutmaster or Unit leader
- Be at least 14 years of age by course start date. We reserve limited space for 13-year-old participants on each course. All 13-year-old participants must contact the Course Director lbefore registering to see if slots still exist.
- Earn First Class rank, if registered in a Troop
- Have current BSA Health Form (Parts A, B, and C)
- Be comfortable camping and cooking outdoors
- Commit to attending the entire six-day course
- * Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST), Crews (ILSC), and Ships (ILSS) should be offered through a Scout’s home unit. Ask your Unit Leader how you can participate in this course.
WHAT NYLT IS (AND IS NOT)
NYLT is not like summer camp and is not designed for rank advancement or earning merit badges. NYLT is an intense and challenging hands-on leadership training program. It is essential that NYLT participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this advanced training. In order to get the most benefit from this unique experience, participants must exhibit emotional maturity, a positive attitude, proficiency in basic camping and outdoor cooking, and have an ambition to serve in leadership roles.
For more information or to register for upcoming NYLT Training, please visit: