In August, 16 Scouts and Leaders enrolled in the annual Camp William B. Snyder Open Water Diver scuba certification course. They spent two days at Camp Snyder learning safety information in the classroom and basic scuba skills in the pool. The following weekend they completed their certification at a local quarry where they demonstrated the skills they learned in the pool. Many of these Scouts are headed to the Florida Sea Base this summer for a Scuba Adventure program. Online registration for the NCAC 2019 August scuba course is available at ncacbsa.org/aquatics. Leaders can find out how to incorporate scuba into their annual program at the University of Scouting on February 23.
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- Watch Michael’s Woodshop Come to Life!
January 15, 2021
- Awesomeness Wanted: Camp Staff 2021
December 19, 2020
- Save the Date: College of Commissioner Service 2021
December 18, 2020
- Weekly Pow Wow Webinars Week 5
December 15, 2020
- University of Scouting Cub Welcome
December 14, 2020