In April, Pack 873 teamed up with the Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District to educate our neighbors about water runoff and the local watershed. As part of our Conservation Good Turn project we provided educational material to hundreds of households in the Canterbury Woods, Long Branch, Red Fox Forest, Oak Hill, Willow Woods, and Stone Haven communities. So far we have labeled almost 300 sewer drains with “No Dumping” markers. In July we participated in Trash The Trash Day and in August we hosted another day of drain labeling and trash pick-up in local parks. These two events generated about 6 large trash bags of garbage from our local watershed. Additionally, we turned both of these events into food drives for local food pantries, filling two minivans with food.
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- BOY SCOUTS HONOR TUSKEGEE AIRMAN WITH SPECIAL EDITION COUNCIL SHOULDER PATCH
August 4, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- A Second Aquia District Scouts BSA No-Contact Food Drive in August – Continuing to Serve Stafford Safely
September 18, 2020
- Troop 26 Kicks ILST into High Gear!
September 15, 2020
- Pack 1151 Bikes the Washington and Old Dominion Trail!
September 8, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award Ends September 7!
September 3, 2020
- SCOUTING-ON! Troop 1889’s Landmark Event!
September 3, 2020