This fall has been a productive one for Goshen Scout Reservation! We hosted two work weekends in October – one run by the Goshen Staff Alumni Association (GSAA) and one open to youth and adult volunteers.
The GSAA accomplished a number of projects, including:
- Clearing a tremendous amount of brush at the Olmsted Chapel
- Building new and resurfacing 17 picnic tables
- Preparing the Marriott Administration building for an upcoming renovation project
- Distributing previously built tent platforms and the aforementioned picnic tables to camps around the lake
- Creating plans for chuck box construction in preparation for the Spring Weekend
The Volunteer Work Weekend projects included:
- Repainting the Olmsted Shower House and Quartermaster/Trading Post facade
- Replacing split rail fence at various program areas at Camp Olmsted, Camp Bowman, and Camp Marriott
- Brush clearing throughout Camp Marriott OJ Corral
- Counting and mapping all the buildings and shelters at Goshen to support the Goshen Admin staff with an updated inventory for insurance
Thank you to all the Scouting volunteers, alumni, and current camp staff who attended and for all their service to Goshen Scout Reservation! We hope to see them and others at future weekends.
Be sure to save the dates for the Spring Work Weekends:
- GSAA Spring Service Weekend: April 28 – 30, 2023
- Open to current and past Goshen camp staff, ages 18+. See old friends, meet alumni from across the decades, and work on camp projects.
- Goshen Spring Volunteer Work Weekend: May 12 – 14, 2023 (tentative)
- Open to youth and adult volunteers. Come down to Goshen for a weekend of service, camping, beautiful mountains, and fun!