My father was a Star Scout during the Depression, and when I turned 11 and joined a Scout troop he did as well. Within a short time, he became the Scoutmaster and I learned a lot about Scouting and being a Scoutmaster from him. We shared our names, so when I reentered Scouting (and also became a Scoutmaster), I used his name tag from the ‘60s and his position patch to remind me of his legacy. He did not live to see his grandson become an Eagle Scout, but perhaps one day we will have another Scout leader in the family.
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- Cryptology and Codes in STEM@Home
March 4, 2021
- Astronaut Charlie Duke to talk to Scouts in STEM Speaker Series
February 11, 2021
- Update on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
February 9, 2021
- Cub Scout Novas in STEM@Home
January 29, 2021
- Week 5 – Variety Week!
January 22, 2021