Have you ever heard of a bike rodeo? If you’re expecting bull riders riding bicycles at a you’ll be disappointed, but Pack 1323 from Laytonsville, MD, did something just as cool this past August. The bike rodeo was held in an open parking lot to teach Scouts bike riding safety and techniques. Scouts learned about safety inspections, hand signals, helmet safety, and safe braking. One Scout remarked how his favorite part of the event was the “Slow Race” where Scouts had to follow a large circle on the ground and ride as slowly as possible without letting their feet touch the ground. The Scout with the longest time would win! Overall the Scouts had a great time at this fun, interactive, and educational event.
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- Conservation and Cardboard Camping!
March 30, 2021
- 16th Annual NCAC Scout Orienteering Meet
March 30, 2021
- Pack 142 Scouts Rise to Challenging Times by being Cheerful Scouts and Bringing Cheer to Others
March 26, 2021
- Big and Little Schloss Mountains
November 30, 2020
- Maritime Exploring
November 19, 2020