AQUIA DISTRICT – Scouts of Troop 1717, sponsored by Hartwood Presbyterian Church, decided to do something special this year in recognition of Veterans’ Day. They scheduled a campout at Prince William Forest Park in Triangle, VA so that they could spend the day touring the nearby National Museum of the Marine Corps. While there, Scouts were given a personal perspective on a veteran’s service with a guided tour of the Vietnam War gallery and other galleries by Vietnam War Veteran and Museum Docent, Major William (“Bill”) Peters, USMC (ret.). Scouts also received a special sneak peak of the new museum wing, still under construction, which is slated to open sometime in 2020 and will depict Marines in action from 1976 through the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Before leaving, the Scouts participated in a remembrance and honor ceremony in the Semper Fidelis Memorial Park behind the museum where they presented a wreath in recognition of all veterans, past and present, “who risked or gave their lives for our country and the cause of freedom.”
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- NCAC Conservation Committee
January 5, 2021
- Winter WFA Courses at Camp Snyder
December 19, 2020
- What Is the Arrow of Light?
December 18, 2020
- Ashburn Troop 997 Ups the Ante with Scouting for Food
December 15, 2020
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Be A Reflector
December 11, 2020