Scouting’s flagship event is a gathering of thousands of Scouts and Scouters that showcases everything that is great about the Boy Scouts of America. Over the course of 10 days, once every four years, the Boy Scouts of America gathers together. Scouts and Scouters who attend will participate in many adventures—stadium shows, pioneer village, hikes, sports and more! With 10,000 acres at the Summit to explore, there’s no shortage of opportunities to build Scouting memories.
National Capitol Area Council is looking for ASM3. This contingent Troop position is filled by men and women age 18-21. This unique position is for young adults who are able to serve as a liaison between the older adult leaders and the youth participants.
THE MOST EXCITING JAMBOREE EVER!
Scouting’s PREMIER High Adventure experience! The experience of a lifetime including: whitewater rafting, rock climbing, bouldering, rappelling, zip lines, mountain biking, canopy tours, shooting sports, dragon boats, paddle boats, COPE courses, BMX racing, Pioneering, canoe slalom, kayaking and more. In addition to all of the things you’ve grown to love about the Jamboree, there is patch trading, SCUBA, arena shows, Technology Quest, and over 30,000 of your closest friends.
• When: The 2021 National Jamboree is July 21 – 30, 2021
• Where: Summit Bechtel Reserve, New Hope, West Virginia
• We want you! SEEKING:
o Young Adults (age 18-21): who are willing to apply to serve as unit leadership
• Sign Up Now!! http://jamboree.scouting.org
- You must have a my.scouting.org account in order to register. If you do not have a profile, please visit http://my.scouting.org and set up an account; you will need to attach your BSA ID to the account so be sure to have the number available.
- How Much: $1,500* per Young Adult Unit Leader
- Fees include all food, insurance and equipment, as well as the use of a tent, cot, dining shelters, stoves, fuel and cooking utensils during your adventure at the Jamboree. Fees also include transportation to and from the Summit on motorcoach buses. There will be a shakedown campout prior to the Jamboree. No major additional costs. Just show up with your personal camping gear and Jamboree Uniform.
- NCAC Contingent cost is estimated at $1,500pp. The national fee of $1,175 set by Jamboree Administration covers the expense of program materials, food, insurance, and equipment, as well as the use of a tent, cot, dining shelters, stoves, fuel, and cooking utensils. Additional Council fees cover transportation, bags, patches, and other fees.
YOUNG ADULT LEADERSHIP (ASM3 position):
Young adults wanting to be part of the NCAC Contingent need to submit their applications to Eric Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than June 1, 2020. Download adult application/survey packet here. All adult applications must be approved by the Council and applicants will be required to participant in an interview prior to being selected as part of the Council Contingent. One young adult will be selected for each of the 10 units sent by the Council.