Explorer Post 1010 annually competes in four engineering challenges – FIRST Tech Robotics (FTC), Team America Rocketry (TARC), Botball Robotics, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). This year, all four teams did well in local and regional events, making it to the highest level tournaments in their respective competition. In April, the FTC team travelled to the world championship in Detroit, Michigan. The TARC teams competed in the national championship in May in The Plains, Virginia. In July the Botball team travelled to Indian Wells, California to compete in the global Botball tournament. And finally in August, the drone team competed in the national UAS competition in Muncie, Indiana. It was a great year for growth, opportunity, and fun. Many of the leaders went off to college in September, so it looks like 2019 will be a rebuilding year. See more at their website: http://post1010.org.
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- NCAC Conservation Committee
January 5, 2021
- Winter WFA Courses at Camp Snyder
December 19, 2020
- What Is the Arrow of Light?
December 18, 2020
- Ashburn Troop 997 Ups the Ante with Scouting for Food
December 15, 2020
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Be A Reflector
December 11, 2020