I am the Scoutmaster of Troop 422 in Huntingtown, MD and I want to share a story of one of our exceptional Scouts, Star Scout Cole Thomas. Cole was recently working to earn his service hours as part of his rank requirement for Star Scout, and to pass a little time doing a good turn. While Cole only needed 3 hours to qualify as the minimum requirement, he felt that cleaning one of the tidal creeks of the Chesapeake Bay of old discarded tires, he and his father Jason Thomas (Assistant Scoutmaster of Troop 422) put in 5 hours each, to ensure the job was done correctly and the creek was cleaned. They then spent more time and their own money to properly dispose of the tires at the local refuse collection center. Both Jason and Cole exemplify Scout spirit and went above and beyond in making our environment and waterways cleaner.
You are here: / / Star Scout Cole Thomas Cleans Over 300 Pounds of Tires from Chesapeake Bay Waterway
You Might Also Like…
- Director David Henrie Invites NCAC to Digital Movie Premiere
August 26, 2020
- Missing Summer Day Camp or Resident Camp?
June 25, 2020
- Microscope + Camping = FUN !!!
June 15, 2020
- Family – Fun – Flag – FOURTH!
June 14, 2020
- Guidance on Resuming In-Person Scouting Activities
June 12, 2020
- NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award for Unit Scouters!
May 29, 2020
- Introducing the NCAC Scouting at Home 2020 Award!
May 11, 2020
- NCAC Response to COVID-19
April 4, 2020
- Scouting At Home Challenge!
March 19, 2020
- Scout Service Center Closing
March 17, 2020
- Help Celebrate NCAC Camping Centennial at Camp Snyder’s Work Days for All
March 5, 2020
- General David L. Goldfein Receives the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award
February 25, 2020
- TUSKEGEE AIRMAN RECEIVES NCAC LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 14, 2020
- Jamboree On The Trail – May 8th
March 30, 2021
- Astronaut, NASA, Out of this World, Nova
March 29, 2021
- Pack 888 to earn 4 years of Hornaday Unit awards!
March 26, 2021
- Summer Scout Aviation Maintenance Experience
March 17, 2021
- Troop 1182-G’s First Eagle Scout
March 12, 2021